Area Ministry Positions Available
These local churches have ministry positions available - Please contact the church as requested below.
Valley View Baptist Church (www.vvbc.church) in Vine Grove, KY, is prayerfully searching for a Full-Time Associate Pastor (Youth). In this position, you will develop and implement a ministry to youth (Grades 6-12), encouraging them to become fully committed followers of Jesus Christ who disciple others and who develop healthy Christian walks. You will serve as part of our pastoral team, so while your primary task will be student ministry, you will also have a pastoral role among the entire body.
Our Student Ministry has the typical Sunday morning, evening, and Wednesday night time slots, as well as monthly events, a week at summer camp, mission projects, etc. The true emphasis of this ministry, however, is consistently building and nourishing Christ-centered relationships with students and their families. Frequent communication and engagement with students’ lives and events is a must. A full job description will be provided to candidates who are interviewed.
VVBC is in voluntary cooperation with the Severns Valley Association of Baptists, the Kentucky Baptist Convention, and the Southern Baptist Convention, and we hold to the Baptist Faith & Message (2000). While experience is preferred, varying degrees of experience and education will be considered for this position. Please submit your resume (and cover letter, if desired) to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
JOB TITLE: REPORTS TO: POSITION STATUS: ANNUAL SALARY:
JOB DESCRIPTION – WORSHIP LEADER CECILIA BAPTIST CHURCH
WORSHIP LEADER SENIOR PASTOR Part-time Salaried $25,000
The Worship Leader, under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, shall be responsible for the development, promotion, and implementation of the music program for the church and other assigned duties.
General Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
1) Support the entire church program and all of the policies of the church.
2) Cooperate and coordinate with the Senior Pastor in all phases of the music ministry and
weekly worship services.
3) Work in harmony with all church staff for the good of Cecilia Baptist Church.
4) Submit a proposed budget for music to appropriate committees.
5) Attend quarterly business meetings to report on music ministries and all other meetings
pertaining to music ministry.
6) Attend quarterly church council meetings and provide music ministry updates.
7) Post all music ministry-related events on the centralized church calendar.
8) Acquire adequate worship leader substitutes for planned absences.
9) Maintain and catalog the music library, weeding and adding to as needed in conjunction
with the music ministry team.
10) Coordinate all on-screen media and graphics.
11) Train, coordinate, and administer all media volunteers.
Principal Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
1) Lead the adult worship service through congregational music, choir, and praise team.
2) Coordinate and lead weekly choir practice and praise team rehearsal.
3) Lead in additional services and seasonal musical events as needed.
4) In coordination with the Senior Pastor, plan the selection of congregational music.
5) Lead and guide congregational singing in a blended style incorporating both traditional and contemporary elements.
6) Work with the Senior Pastor in planning the weekly worship service.
7) Maintain a needs assessment for materials, maintenance, and repairs of music and
8) Visit and minister to choir members and their families as needed.
9) Continually learn and remain informed on current music methods, styles, materials,
promotion, and administration.
Updated February 2020
1) Saved and submits to the inspiration, inerrancy, and authority of God’s Word.
2) Possesses a mastery of a variety of songs, both contemporary and traditional.
3) Has the ability to lead sanctuary choir and congregation through song.
4) Is proficient in accompanying congregational songs with various instruments (keyboard,
5) Is competent at reading music in order to coordinate instrumentalists.
6) Has the ability to encourage and develop the musical talents of the congregation.
7) Possesses good leadership and organizational skills.
8) Has experience in developing and implementing multimedia in worship.
9) Agrees to a criminal background check prior to employment.
10) Has favorable recommendation(s) from the following, as applicable:
• School of training
• Current church, as well as former churches where music ministries are shared
• Current and former places of employment
11) Is encouraging, compassionate, dependable, enthusiastic, and faithful.
12) Agrees to become a member of Cecilia Baptist Church.
13) Has a passion for:
• Leading a congregation into deeper fellowship with one another and with the Lord through worship.
• Discovering, employing, and developing the musical gifts of others.
• Developing an atmosphere of availability to serve the Lord through music.
• Dedication to a team in growing the ministries of the church.
The Worship Leader is allowed one (1) Sunday per quarter to be absent from worship service in addition to any health emergencies of oneself or immediate family (spouse or child) that may arise.
Updated February 2020
Youngers Creek Baptist: Currently accepting resumes for a Youth Minister, a Music Minister, and a Children's Minister. Youngers Creek, 251 Youngers Creek Road, Elizabethtown, KY. 42701
Northside Baptist Church
Service Title: Operations Coordinator
Status/Hours: Full-time Support Staff, Hourly, 40 hours/week
Purpose: Maintain church financial records for receipt and distribution of funds, prepare scheduled financial reports, administer Human Resource/personnel policies, and provide office and clerical support for the church.
Serving Relationships: The Operations Coordinator is responsible to the Pastor and the Human Resource Committee. The Operations Coordinator receives guidance from the Pastor, Human Resource Committee, Stewardship Committee, and Church Treasurer.
The Operations Coordinator has the responsibility to take care of and report the finances of the church, provide clerical support where required and is responsible for processing and maintaining confidential personnel records.
The Operations Coordinator must have previous administrative/financial work experience, be a self-motivated professional with excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be proficient in the use of office and financial software such as Microsoft Office and QuickBooks. Must be able to maintain confidentiality in areas such as financial records and human resource issues. Must be able to multi-task, be flexible in their job routine, work as a team member in a collaborative environment and interact well with church staff, church members and other guests/visitors. Degree in business preferred, but not required.
Interested qualified applicants, please submit resume to email@example.com
Attn: HR Committee
RE: Operations Coordinator Position
Northside Baptist Church
Minister of Worship Position Opening
Northside Baptist Church located in Elizabethtown, Kentucky is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Minister of Worship. Candidate must have experience planning and leading a blended style of worship as well as experience directing an adult choir. Candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in music but preferably have a seminary degree or working toward one.
About our Worship
Northside Baptist Church serves about 300 worshipers in 2 services each Sunday. We have a multi-generational style of worship meaning our worship music consists of hymns and contemporary praise and worship songs. We have a full worship band consisting of a rotation of band members who play piano, keyboard, drums, lead guitar, bass guitar, and miscellaneous percussion instruments. We have many talented musicians, some with extensive training in music and others who read music or play by ear. We also have a team of vocalists that rotate assisting the Worship Pastor in leading the congregation in singing. In addition to regular Sunday morning worship band, we also have an adult choir that rehearses each week and sings in worship about twice a month. Seasonal musical programs are presented throughout the year.
We are currently accepting resumes. For a more complete look at the Job Description for the Minister of Worship position, please click here. Resumes and other relevant information, as well as inquiries, may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quite often, there are opportunities for PT Youth Minister positions, as well as PT Music Minister positions. If you are interested and have the experience, please send your resume to the DOM at:
Severns Valley Association of Baptists, ATTN: DOM, 500 College Street Rd, Elizabethtown, KY, 42701